Skip to main content

Tricks For Giving Finicky Dogs Their Flee Medicine

My other dog Lucho doesn't like taking his chewable flee medicine, Trifexis. He spits it out, so I find ways around it. Last time I ground it up and placed it in scrambled eggs. I've also wrapped it up in ham and so long as he hasn't eaten that day, he'll inhale anything wrapped in ham or tucked inside a hotdog. This is one of the few exceptions I make giving them human food. Another tip for those with really smart dogs like Lucho is having someone else sneak the (chewable) flee medicine in the food. Lucho watches me as I take out the medicine and place it in the food and refuses to eat it. So I have to be sneaky and take it out one day and have my husband give it to him the next.


What makes Trifexis a better option is that it's not just flee medicine but also heart worm prevention medicine. So you save around $45.


Mr. Mr. did spit out the tablet but I then put it on another yummy cocktail sausage and he ate them both. By that time the tablet absorbed all the grease from the sausage, and must have tasted delicious. 

Comments