Skip to main content

How To Get Your Dog To Sleep In His/Her Bed?


I find that most pooches like their bed so this might be an easy one. I use snacks to lure them to their bed and once they are completely in bed and sitting on their bed, I then give them the snack. I also use the power of touch. If I see them in their bed. I’ll come and give them lots of loving caresses on their head and back.

“Go to your bed” is actually a command that I use to get my pooches in their designated places. It seems to come in handy when vacuuming or when they are in the kitchen while I’m cooking. I’ve seen a dog with burn marks on his back caused by hot water that was accidentally spilled on him when he got in front of his owner on her way to the sink to drain whatever she was boiling.

Tonight I tucked in Mr. Mr. I wish I could say that I do this every night. But if I give them lots of attention throughout the day then I’ll skip tucking them in. Today I was out most of the evening, having gone out for dinner so I decided to give him some undivided attention.

Lucho is under my bed  so he doesn’t get tucked in. I’m sure that he’s very happy sleeping under us feeling like he’s part of the pack. If I want this guy to sleep in his bed, I have to close my bedroom door. But I’m okay with him under the bed. He’s so obedient that this is his reward.

Comments