Skip to main content

What Breed Is Mr. Mr.?

My groomer guessed: Bichon!

Mr. Mr. does have the eyes, nose, snout, hair, and demeanor of a Bichon Frise, (based on the American Kennel Club, AKC) but he's just a little taller. Nonetheless I think this it! This time I think we have an answer as to what breed Mr. Mr. is. At least I'm now thinking he's mostly Bichon!

Here's a link from the AKC on the Bichon Frise. Oh, la, la, oui. It is a French word (but a Spanish breed).

http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/bichon-frise/

I've tried to play catch with Mr. Mr. but he doesn't get it at all. This breed was bred to be a companion and nothing else. So unlike my other dog who's a Jack Russell mix, who fetches anything you throw his way, Mr. Mr. will just look at the toy and then sit down on your feet.


So ignore the previous post. Especially now that he's had his hair cut. The snout is nothing like a Pumi's snout.

Posted April 12th:

Based on a photo, a friend who also rescues dogs 🐕 suggested he was a Pumi. After reading about the breed I realized he’s probably right. A pumi is a herding breed and Mr. Mr. has been trying to herd me by poking the back of my legs with his nose.

Below is a video from the American Kennel Club that talks about the breed. Perhaps Mr. Mr. is a mix pumi since I can’t image someone abandoning a purebred dog. But he’s more pumi than anything else.


https://youtu.be/LS3WbAcHlBo

Comments