Skip to main content

How To Get Your Dog To Sleep In His/Her Bed?


I find that most pooches like their bed so this might be an easy one. I use snacks to lure them to their bed and once they are completely in bed and sitting on their bed, I then give them the snack. I also use the power of touch. If I see them in their bed. I’ll come and give them lots of loving caresses on their head and back.

“Go to your bed” is actually a command that I use to get my pooches in their designated places. It seems to come in handy when vacuuming or when they are in the kitchen while I’m cooking. I’ve seen a dog with burn marks on his back caused by hot water that was accidentally spilled on him when he got in front of his owner on her way to the sink to drain whatever she was boiling.

Tonight I tucked in Mr. Mr. I wish I could say that I do this every night. But if I give them lots of attention throughout the day then I’ll skip tucking them in. Today I was out most of the evening, having gone out for dinner so I decided to give him some undivided attention.

Lucho is under my bed  so he doesn’t get tucked in. I’m sure that he’s very happy sleeping under us feeling like he’s part of the pack. If I want this guy to sleep in his bed, I have to close my bedroom door. But I’m okay with him under the bed. He’s so obedient that this is his reward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where’s a Good Place in Houston To Get Your 🐶 Dog Vaccinated?

I took Mr. Mr. to Houston's Humane Society Wellness Clinic for his shots. This pet clinic has a quick turnaround and inexpensive services. My total wait (on a Tuesday before noon) was about 20 minutes. That's worth the drive! While I was there the technician was kind enough to check Mr. Mr.’s private parts to see if he needed to be neutered and he does. Snip, snip! So I made the appointment. The appointment was schedule in two weeks since he just got his shots. While I was there I also purchased his flee meds. Today the total came out to $211 for shots, testing for heart worms, and flee medicine for six months which is a pretty good deal. http://www.houstonhumane.org

What Breed Is Mr. Mr.?

My groomer guessed: Bichon! Mr. Mr. does have the eyes, nose, snout, hair, and demeanor of a Bichon Frise, (based on the American Kennel Club, AKC) but he's just a little taller. Nonetheless I think this it! This time I think we have an answer as to what breed Mr. Mr. is. At least I'm now thinking he's mostly Bichon! Here's a link from the AKC on the Bichon Frise. Oh, la, la, oui. It is a French word (but a Spanish breed). http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/bichon-frise/ I've tried to play catch with Mr. Mr. but he doesn't get it at all. This breed was bred to be a companion and nothing else. So unlike my other dog who's a Jack Russell mix, who fetches anything you throw his way, Mr. Mr. will just look at the toy and then sit down on your feet. So ignore the previous post. Especially now that he's had his hair cut. The snout is nothing like a Pumi's snout. Posted April 12th: Based on a photo, a friend who also rescues dogs 🐕 suggested h...

Tricks For Giving Finicky Dogs Their Flee Medicine

My other dog Lucho doesn't like taking his chewable flee medicine, Trifexis. He spits it out, so I find ways around it. Last time I ground it up and placed it in scrambled eggs. I've also wrapped it up in ham and so long as he hasn't eaten that day, he'll inhale anything wrapped in ham or tucked inside a hotdog. This is one of the few exceptions I make giving them human food. Another tip for those with really smart dogs like Lucho is having someone  else  sneak the (chewable) flee medicine in the food. Lucho watches me as I take out the medicine and place it in the food and refuses to eat it. So I have to be sneaky and take it out one day and have my husband give it to him the next. What makes Trifexis a better option is that it's not just flee medicine but also heart worm prevention medicine. So you save around $45. Mr. Mr. did spit out the tablet but I then put it on another yummy cocktail sausage and he ate them both. By that time the tablet absorbed ...