Skip to main content

Where’s a Good Place in Houston To Get Your 🐶 Dog Vaccinated?

I took Mr. Mr. to Houston's Humane Society Wellness Clinic for his shots. This pet clinic has a quick turnaround and inexpensive services. My total wait (on a Tuesday before noon) was about 20 minutes. That's worth the drive!

While I was there the technician was kind enough to check Mr. Mr.’s private parts to see if he needed to be neutered and he does. Snip, snip! So I made the appointment. The appointment was schedule in two weeks since he just got his shots.

While I was there I also purchased his flee meds. Today the total came out to $211 for shots, testing for heart worms, and flee medicine for six months which is a pretty good deal.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tricks For Giving Finicky Dogs Their Flee Medicine

My other dog Lucho doesn't like taking his chewable flee medicine, Trifexis. He spits it out, so I find ways around it. Last time I ground it up and placed it in scrambled eggs. I've also wrapped it up in ham and so long as he hasn't eaten that day, he'll inhale anything wrapped in ham or tucked inside a hotdog. This is one of the few exceptions I make giving them human food. Another tip for those with really smart dogs like Lucho is having someone  else  sneak the (chewable) flee medicine in the food. Lucho watches me as I take out the medicine and place it in the food and refuses to eat it. So I have to be sneaky and take it out one day and have my husband give it to him the next. What makes Trifexis a better option is that it's not just flee medicine but also heart worm prevention medicine. So you save around $45. Mr. Mr. did spit out the tablet but I then put it on another yummy cocktail sausage and he ate them both. By that time the tablet absorbed ...

Dog Harness - Check!

I'm sure that you'll find a dog leash and harness at the pet store. I bought Mr. Mr.'s at PetSmart. So there it is, just over $25 bucks. All done! Now, we're ready for a walk. Mr. Mr. is actually okay walking on the leash with his harness. It was a little tricky walking him and Lucho and what I found worked best was putting one dog on each side. But Mr. Mr. seemed to prefer walking next to our dog Lucho.